Entry Level Programmer
DEVNET is an industry leading technology company that serves the public sector providing integrated Government Software Solutions. DEVNET is a privately held company that was founded in 1997 on the principles of providing integrated software and hardware solutions to local government and has continued to experience 18-20% growth each year. As a technology company, we are focused on technical development and stability in the market. DEVNET devotes over one third of annual revenue to research and development.
The DEVNET integrated Appraisal and Property Tax Software products, services and customer experiences have proven positive as DEVNET currently serves a total of over 100 jurisdictions spanning across Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Virginia and Wisconsin. We typically add one to two new markets per year. DEVNET is positioned to continue growing and offering the best solution available in the marketplace. We will be moving to our beautiful new corporate headquarters the beginning of 2014 located in Sycamore, Illinois.
The full DEVNET Edge® suite of solutions includes CAMA, Field Data Collection, Property Tax Assessment Administration, Personal Property, Mobile Homes, Special Assessments, Tax Calculation, Tax Billing & Collection, Distribution, Delinquent Tax Processing, Tax Claims, Permitting and Zoning, Records Management, wEdge e-government with shopping cart and subscriber features, GIS integration and Tax Bill & Notice Printing & Mailing Services.
Position Title: Entry Level Programmer
Job Type: Full Time
Position Summary: DEVNET is seeking an entry level programmer.
- Prepares computer programs by translating specifications into code
- Arranges specifications by developing logical sequence; researching solutions
- Encodes specifications by converting logical sequence and workflow into program language
- Verifies encoding by performing trial runs; modifying code
- Devises solutions to system related problems and issues
- Involves frequent communication and close user cooperation with other support staff
- Develops and tests applications, maintains, revises, up-dates current code –including troubleshooting, fixing bugs and improving functionality
- Works with users for support of existing application software and training in the use of new application software
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work both individually and as a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Crystal Reports
- PowerBuilder 12.5 of higher
- Visual Studio 2013 or higher
- PowerScript or Visual Basic
- C# a plus
- A casual working environment and competitive salary
- Excellent benefit package including Medical and Dental
- Vacation and sick time
- 401K plan