Web Application Developer
DEVNET, Inc. is looking for a developer with experience in full-stack web applications. You’ll be customizing our core web application for new customers, chasing down and fixing bugs for existing clients. You’ll complain about and then work around the limitations of missing or bad client data, aid in the design of new applications, then be charged with implementing them.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent analytical and design skills, good user interface design skills, and be able to produce quality, well-documented, and well-tested code. Applicants must be energetic, motivated, self-starting individuals that don’t require micro-management to be productive. While our developers are rock stars, we have no room for lone gunmen – candidates must be able to work productively with a team of developers. The ability to prioritize, multi-task, and (on occasion) completely change what you’re doing at the drop of a hat is vital.
Who Are We?
DEVNET, Inc. is an established, privately held company, headquartered in Sycamore, IL. For almost 20 years, we have been providing local government with cutting edge, innovative solutions for property tax and property appraisal.
We’re not hung up on degrees or titles – we’re interested in finding the right fit for our team. Hobbyists with elite skills, doctoral candidates, and experienced engineers all get an equal shake here. Sense of humor is a must!
DEVNET offers a casual working environment and competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, vacation, personal and sick time off. We have families too, and offer a family friendly environment. While we strongly prefer our employees to work in-house, telecommuting is an option for the right candidate. Relocation compensation is available.
You must be legally able to work in the United States to apply for this position – sponsorship is not available. Individual applicants only. No agencies please.
Things We Use Daily:
- Modern Perl (DBIx::Class, Moose, Dancer)
- SQL Server
- Modern Perl programming experience (or other dynamic languages such as Ruby or Python)
- Understanding of general web application security concerns including Cross Site Scripting and SQL injection
- SQL experience (any flavor, but MS SQL experience a plus)
- Familiarity with a version control system (git preferred, Subversion and Mercurial suffice too)
Extra Credit for:
- Bootstrap/responsive design experience
- jQuery and jQuery-UI development experience
- Web site accessibility (ADA compliance)
- Automated testing experience
- Web services
- MongoDB or other NoSQL database, and the wisdom as to when to use a NoSQL database
- iOS development experience
- Elite Aerobie skills